Monday, June 2, 2008

Black Belt Treasures Folk Life Festival

June 28th will hopefully see us heading down to Camden, AL for the Black Belt Treasures Folk Life Festival. Black Belt Treasures is a gallery (but so much more than that) featuring over 280 local artists (including our beloved Charlie Lucas), and this one-day festival will be highlighting their works along with music, and of course FOOD. Another wonderful part of the day is the dedication of the Gees Bend Quilt Mural Trail. Ride the Gees Bend Ferry while you're there!
http://www.blackbelttreasures.com/

2 comments:

ginger said...

If I am not on vacation, I will see you there! Love BBT!!

Cindy said...

Yea!!! I'm hoping we'll be able to go. If we do, I'll stand in the crowd shrieking "GINGERRRRR!!!!" til I get the right person!:~)

All content © Cindy Armstrong. Please do not use content without permission. That's not nice.