Monday, August 25, 2008

Hurricane Rain

My goodness, it's been a month since I last posted! I've been busy with classes starting up again soon, and home improvements (well, home changes at least, but I think they're improvements). Right now, we're in the throes of monsoon-like rains off Hurricane Fay. There have been a few tornadoes around, but mostly much-needed rain - and wind. Frightened poor little Molly (cat) to death night before last, howling like a banshee in the eaves. I truly love this weather though. I'd much rather have rain, wind, thunder, lightening, early dark winter evenings, wet autumn roads carpeted in golden leaves...what can I say, I'm a Wednesday's Child.

The window in the picture is my favorite window in the whole house. And it's in, of all places, the bathroom. It's small, and set high in the wall above the bathtub. If you want to actually look out of it, you have to teeter on the side of the tub and hold on to the shower rod. We do this in order to spy on our back-fence neighbors, who are mildly interesting at times. The police have not been there for a long time, though. I think Bubba has settled down at last and I know his mama is grateful.
The view is the top of the hackberry trees, and it's like an ever-changing painting that depends upon the weather and the season for its tone. Every morning, I look out of it to see what the day is up to. That's my weather report.

No comments:

All content © Cindy Armstrong. Please do not use content without permission. That's not nice.